This self-study e-learning course has been developed to provide entrants to the aviation industry, including service providers, and airline frontline personnel, with an overview and understanding of the key principles and concepts associated with Safety Management Systems (SMS). As an outcome of this training, learners will acquire the necessary knowledge, skill, and attitudes to support their organization’s SMS and increase aviation safety.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the Regulatory Framework and industry best practices relevant to Safety
- Summarize the fundamental elements of a safety management system
- Explain the organizational nature of accidents and incidents
- Summarize the 4 components of an SMS
- Relate the 4 components and 12 elements of a SMS
- Regulatory requirements and industry best practices in SMS
- Organizational accidents and incidents models
- Safety policy and objectives
- Safety risk management
- Safety assurance
- Safety promotion and training
- Newly hired airline staff
- Airline frontline personnel and support staff
- This course requires approximately 2 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- Student performance will be based on an examination.